Sharp stitch refuses to go!

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone, had an a@p repair nearly 14 weeks ago. I have a very sharp stitch still left in the front wall which is stopping me having sex with my husband. This is a second repair in 6 months and think the surgeon used stronger stitches this time. Any advice on how to deal with this? I've tried lots of hot baths but it still refuses to go .

thanks xx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

I'm sure Matron has advised in the past to go to GP and see if they can sort it if not try ringing consultants secretary, if all is healed they may be able to remove it.

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Phyl x

• Posted

I have same problem. I'm 13 weeks post op. Last few days I have poky feeling left side. My GP said it is suture. I didn't ask to remove or anything but it's getting pain. At same time, discomfort has all came back. I'm so depressed.

Sorry Caroline for no advices.

• Posted

Hi Caroline, I think I have read your comments in the past. The stitch is not going to go out with hot baths. Stitches are very well attached to the tissues.

Your doctor should be able to remove it or at least to cautherize it. After my cystocele op I had several stitches that did not want to go out and my doctor was able to remove all with cautherizacion ("cauterización" in Spanish, sorry, I dont know the exact word) except one that he removed in my posterior rectocele op recently done.

I think you should talk to your doctor immediately, there is no reason to be like that! 

Hugs!!!! 

• Posted

phyl is right caroline. The stitch will just need to be snipped, in fact the Practice Nurse at your surgery will be able to do it. This happens regularly.
    • Posted

I'm fine Matron, thank you.

Started some low impact exercise, nothing to strenuous, getting a little hoeing done in the garden, but only when soil wet. Trying to pace myself whatever I'm doing.

Lots of holidays to take from work so will use that time to catch up a bit in house, and get some seed trays going. Still avoiding lots of heavier things so trying not to overdo things.

I am resting less and gradually doing more throughout the day but still having problems on and off with scar tissue and occasional dull throbbing pain like toothache higher up in vaginal area when I do too much.

Hubby says I'm not complaining as much so things must be improving even if it still seems too slow.

Seats in work are a huge problem mostly broken or none available, they keep saying we are getting new ones, but none yet.

Been making sure I avoid back problems, going around with shoulders back and chin up, and making sure I sit with bum too back of chair where possiable; end up when sitting too long with a throbbing, burning feeling in vulva area ( as if I've picked a scab and have open sore), daughter reckons that up till now I've probably not been sitting properly and will get use to it.

Anyway no big bulging down below and bladder/bowels working as they should without any problems so delighted that all is going well.

Hope your pain problems have settled down.

Take care,

Phyl x

• Posted

You you are doing everything right phyl and it will be lovely taking some holidays. Recovery hasn't been easy for you but things do seem to be improving xx

• Posted

I'm in the same boat. 13 weeks rectocele repair. My dr said it just takes time up to six months! We tried to trim them a couple times but too uncomfortable

• Posted

You're doctor is right steph. Some doctors say full recovery can take up to a year! 

• Posted

Hi I had a Anteria & posteria repair Aug 16 my Anteria stitch was still there on my 3 month check up it would go so the dr gave me some gel to use to soften it up it Eventually came away in Dec 16 it will eventually loosen x good luck

• Posted

Went to my gp this evening after everyone's advice. She examined me and said it was v high on the front wall for her to get at. She has made an appointment for me to go back in 2 weeks time with the nurse as well as herself to try and snip it. She did say I had some polyps as well, which I think is the reason for discomfort too x

• Posted

You were lucky to get a second repair in 6 months, i have been waiting longer than that for an appointment are you in the UK?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.