Debeliating lower back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 2 week, I been having severe low back pain. If I slouch, try sitting down and scooting back, my lower back feels like someone is cutting my spine and staving pain across my lower back.

I am not able to push anithing. Right before the pain feels like something is compressing my lower spine and then sharp pain.

As soon as I straighten my back goes away untill I move. The level of pain when this happen is a 10+

This occurs 24/7

Thank You

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Get to a neurologist asap. If you need a referral start that process today, if you have a wait time to see dr., go to emergency and get scanned so you know what is happening! This has the possibilities of changing your health and lifestyle.  I had similar beginnings and ended up w slipped discs, that progressively deteriorated to surgery, nerve damage and chronic pain and dramatic lifestyle changes. Do not mess w this get going and fight for your well being! I know this may be alarming you and I dislike that, but know I am trying to help you to keep a quality lifestyle. Best wishes, I am sending hugs your way.🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀💐

• Posted

Thank You, I agree with you 100%

I have an appointment with my Orthopedic for Wednesday but I can not wait until then.

Please read my comment to Jorge.

Thank you

Ana

• Posted

I just made an appointment to see my primary doctor this morning. She will order an X-ray and MRI.

Thank You

Ana

• Posted

Hi Volleyballmom

I suggest you ask your doctor to refer you to a consultant at your nearest  orthopaedic clinic. It sounds as if you have a problem in your lumbosacral region

where there may be wear and tare of the discs in you lower spine...make the appointment as soon as you can to get an x-ray of your spine...best wishes..

• Posted

That really sounds like one or more disc in the lumbar region of your back is herniated and pressing on the sciatic nerve that runs down your legs. could be late on set degenerative disc disease basically between each vertebrae is a cushion the disc think of the disc as a jelly donut the jelly is the fluid inside the disc it is basically a shock absorber that fluid can get compressed and leak out when this happens you have bone on bone almost and the vertebrae will get pushed out or in against the spinal cord and the nerve bundles that branch off to your back muscles leg muscles and so on. Not trying to scare you it's just i have three herniated disc in the lumbar region l3 l4 and l5 with a nerve impingement between L4 and L5 so yea I no how it feels steroid shoots into the disc can help you decompression of the lumbar region can help. Best meds I've been prescribed are Norco 10-325. 3 times a day for pain. Gabapentin is used to relieve and treat nerve pain it really works doesn't make you feel high so it's a good med to get you back to more of a normal life without constant pain. Naproxen is also a good med to take for inflammation in the disc. Sorry to write so much I've been dealing with this back injury over two years now learned a lot in last two years actually going to medical school eventually I hope to be in orthopedics. I hope you get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.