Mostrich severe headache of my life, on the 7th day! Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm on the 7th day of a continuous severe headache with nausea and vertigo. I can't seem to figure out what it is and I can't really research because of the headache.

My symptoms are:

•Severe Head pain, pressure like with some stabbing and some aching pains. Pain is worst in both eyes, the top of the head and the temples. The pain is worst on the right hand side.

• nausea to the extent that I can only eat on drink now that I'm on anti-emetics (anti-sickness drugs)

•vertigo (everything is spinning and I keep falling over)

•I've had some eye watering and nose running

• I became dehydrated due to the nausea

It is one continously headache but the pain, vertigo and nausea all fluctuate in intensity over the day. I suffer from migraines but this feels different

I do not believe it to be any of these: TTH (Tension-Type Headache), migraine, cluster. If you think it's one of these please still post and explain why.

I'd you need more info let me know

Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sounds like a severe migraine to me tbh. my mom gets them that bad sometimes. the most important thing is to find ways to froce yourself to eat and make sure you stay hydrated.

Has their been any weird weather patterns that last few days? my mom gets migraines when ever the barometric pressure changes suddenly.

• Posted

Thanks,

I'm not sure but I think it might actually be a migraine and a cluster headache at this point because I have symptoms typical of cluster and the meds only seem to work a little and when I take the i can more clearly feel the intermittent severe pain on the right side of my head (primarily the eye and top of the head) but the typical migraine stays in the background. Does anyone have any thoughts? On my idea or the other headaches it could be?

• Posted

UPDATE: I've been referred to neurology and 2 new symptoms developed. 1) Intermittent Stabbing pain in the back right of my head over an artery (external carotid) and over a lymph node and an artery and vein complex (sternocleidomastoid nodes and mastoid nodes (and any other retroauricular/suboccipital nodes I missed that are in close proximity to the ear ,occipital artery and vein, posterior auricular artery and vein)a few centimetres behind the ear. 2) when I lay down fast the headache gets worse for a few seconds.

I feel like the doctor is trying their best but doesn't know what to do so please help as it is unlikely I will see a neuro for a long time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.