Lisiniprol HCTZ 10, 12.5

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on this medication for around 6 months, and my blood pressure is always normal or below normal, but I never have to worry about a high reading like I did on Amlodopine.  Has anyone taken this for a very long time? I'm hoping this works for me the rest of my life.  I have absolutely no side effects and it doesn't matter if my food has salt as this med works really well.  Just wonder what the future prediction of taking this a long time could be - can it hurt your kidneys or other organs?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

xizziz...congratulations on finding something that seems to work for you!!!! smile smile

Don't question anything. You've been on this med for 6 months now, & having success with it. As time goes on, there's always the chance that the med may need a bit of a boost, but saying that doesn't mean it will happen. Take your meds at about the same time every day; mind your salt intake, & get some sort of exercise as well. 

When taking a diuretic, there`s always the chance of a decline in potassium levels. Keep this in mind, & ask your doctor about it. He/she likely will have a blood test done every few months or so.

Again, all the best!!!!

• Posted

Hello!

Hope you are doing good with the med. I just started and would like to know how's it's been.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.