CRPS help for a friend

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi my name is Megan and although i do not suffer from CRPS myself, i have a very close friend who does and she has just had a small relapse. I try and find the right words to say to Rachel but I don't think it feels the same to her coming from me because I don't truly understand what is going on with her. I was just wondering if someone who suffers from CRPS can type out some sort of letter/message and send it to me so that i can show it to her and let her know that she isn't alone and that it will get better etc. thank you so much

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What a fantastic friend you are. Rachel must be very lucky that you are there. I really feel for her and hope her relapse doesn't last too long, but this is a cruel syndrome and one that is so misunderstood. I've had it since May when I fell down stairs at work and fractured my wrist. It was put in a plaster cast after surgery and this it seems was too tight and started it off. The pain is indescribable but fortunately for me it has dampened down a bit on medication. However, it has left me disabled as I am unable to move rotate flex my wrist at all devastating. Unable to return to work. So I really feel for your friend if hers has relapsed. All you can do is be there for her. You'll never know how it feels to have CRPS ( I wouldn't wish that on anyone) but to just know someone cares will help. I wish her all the best x

• Posted

Just listen, as a friend that is your role, if you like. Other than that

helping her do research might help. If you are with her you can give

her a cuddle whilst she reads scary possibilities. There are no guarantees

with this.All I know is we need to find glimpses of happiness and fun and

relaxation. You can help with that. Don't take on too much, she will need to

learn to be strong on her own too. Just to be there for her is amazing gift.

It might get better for her, it might not. It may be something in between,

who knows? Learning to live with this is important. I have just recently came

to realise that I must not wait for this to stop hurting, or wait for my limbs to

work well before I can be happy, I need to be happy in the middle of this

scary madness. I hope my rambling is making some sense! I wish you both

well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.