Period problems 😫

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got my period yesterday morning which is on time, I had cramping took some painkillers and it didn't go. For the past year I have suffered with extreme period cramping, but my last 4 cycles I've had cramping in my upper thighs, lower belly, lower back and a horrible sharp pain in my anus and last night i went to sleep in agony and I woke up a lot through the night with the sharp pains in my belly, thighs and anus and I haven't got rid of the pains its still there now. It hurts when I go to the loo because I always end up having very loose stool which feels insanely painful. My period is extremely heavy, I can't wear tampons as I have to change them every 20 mins as they start leaking. My pads fill pretty quick with lots of blood and loads of sticky clots they look awful. I can't walk upright with it I'm in so much pain, I am using a hot water bottle, I had to bath before I went to bed with Himalayan salt to try relax, but nothing works. Can anyone please tell me if this is normal. I have an under active thyroid which is under control. Thank you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. It's not exactly normal but it's common. You sound like you have uterine fibroids thatis pressing on your organs and back. It also causes flooding bleeding. Get to a gynecologist and get an transvaginal ultrasound. I had my fibroids removed it was so helpful. Good luck. Keep us updated

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I had an ultrasound scan and an internal scan as well and they found 2 cysts that were of size but nothing else. Could it be possible they missed it? X
    • Posted

They probably didn't miss it. But the cysts can cause the same issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.