Question about BV Smell

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I got my first BV infection six months ago, it actually didn't have much of a smell then, just really unpleasant discharge. I got antibiotics and that cleared it up, but it came back twice. I finished the third course of antibiotics two weeks ago, my period just ended, now I have this milky discharge that is different than the last two times and has a distinct odor, I don't know that its "fishy", but sort of like old socks or garbage... Is this like, another infection? Women Who have bv, is this what your discharge smells like? Help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes that is exactly what mine always smells like. I've been battling with chro bv for a decade. I take the meds and it ALWAYS comes back. My doctor just prescribed Boric Acid suppositories so I'm gonna give them a try! Google it. I think it may really work

• Posted

A decade, are you serious?!  I don't think I could handle that. do you always have symptoms? what do you do to control the smell?  I'm getting worried that this is going to be a long term problem and it's very overwhelming. sad

• Posted

Good luck with the Boric acid it didn't help me at all!!! I'm still looking for a cure. Did u find anything that helped urs? I am needing help asap

• Posted

I have been dealing with bv for a while now and I don't know what else to do to get rid of this smell. I was wondering if u found anything that helped urs? I am desperate for any relief!!!

• Posted

No sorry I don't know what to do, I still have the smell really bad, how long have you had bv? what have you tried?

• Posted

Yea me to. I've been on antibiotics 4 times and that didn't work so my doc put me on Boric acid and that didn't work. I've tried using peroxide to douche with it worked at first but then stopped. I've also tried the probiotic over the counter inserts but they didn't work. I've tried soaking in vinegar to but didn't work.

• Posted

Have you tried tea tree oil or vitamin C? probiotics didn't help at all??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.