Here it comes again: my haunting past

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wl be 50 on my next bday. Today i have spent crying over feeling desperate to feel ok, or desperate to feel like i am worthy of living. I was diagnosed at age 26 and have been on and off meds, and am currently self medicating because it works best. But i know ot will kill me if i dont stop.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thought at least i would reply to see if it is working.
  • Posted

Sherry please hang in there. Please try to get an appointment with your doctor or get a new doctor. Maybe they can try new meds or a combination that will work. I pray that you will stop self-medicating and get the right treatment. Someone i Love very much is going through the same thing as you.
  • Posted

50 is a funny age, I know when I turned 50 a lot changed for me. It's like we look back into the past at the things we have done and the 'mistakes' we feel we made or past hurts. 

I'm not going to say it's easy but also I feel being female we also have hormonal issues too you know. It's a tough mix to deal with. I am so with you there. I am not on meds. (Long story but I do want to take meds) and so now am seeking other ways to try and help myself. 

If you can take meds go to the Doctor I think the best approach is holistically, meaning looking after ourselves (easier said than done) working with our Doctor and our recovery team. (If they are any use of course) . I hope you feel better 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.