frozen shoulder problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 2 months out from rotator cuff repair.  Torn tendon and 3 anchors.  Went to the dr today, he literally jerked my arm up behind my back.  The pain almost brought me to my knees!  he said manipulation is the only answer.  He said I can't break up the adhesions myself.  I have read mamy contradictions to this.  Any ideas?  He told me that if they manipulate it, there is a chance of broken bones.  I wish I had never had this surgery.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

When I was younger had MUA and did not fear broken bone. My second FS I had those fears.Luckily I learned about hydrodilation, in my case performed by a an osteopath who could see all the tendons and tissue with ultrasound. The water saline solution with lidocaine was not as painful as I thought it would be and i could feel the adhesions release. Took just a few minutes and got me out of pain for the most part. ROM comes back slowly for me, but faster for others. Really try to find a doctor to do this procedure. My orthopedic shoulder surgeon did not even know about about it or at least didn't let on.

• Posted

So sorry becky16184 sad For him to have done that at all, let alone to a repaired shoulder, seems unprofessional. Do you know that your shoulder is freezing, as that would be different from adhesions due to surgical scarring. It sounds terrible either way. I'd be apt to seek a second opinion though, at the very least, if not another doctor. Also sounds like you had an injury that needed the initial surgery, and probably still needs more time to heal. I think you can trust that you did the right thing to have had the repair. Take your time to make decisions & know that you're doing the right thing to learn about options in the meantime. HTH, Liane                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

• Posted

Awful bad luck. A friend had a skiing accident. Hurt her shoulder that turned into a FS. MUA worked for me. I did a gentle manipulation with a chiropractor first time round about 7 yrs ago. It sort of worked but this MUA was quicker. U still get pain after the operation but after 2 weeks that went away. Of course another operation is worrying but it worked for me. There is a small chance it can refreeze. Doing post op exercises is essential. good luck
  • Posted

You poor thing! If I was to write my initial feelings on your post I'd probably be moderated.😠😯 All I can say is get a second opinion. Doctors are there to help you heal NOT to hurt you.

• Posted

Hi Becky - I had a manipulation but it was under anesthesia so I felt no pain and I had no broken bones!  I do not believe the broken bones is normal - get a second opinion.  The manipulation under anesthesia did leave me bruised for about 5 weeks but it also helped immensely.  My pain was diminished and I regained flexion and abduction of my shoulder.  I am still working on internal and external rotation as they are the most difficult movements to attain.
  • Posted

Sounds like scar tissue has taken over. Assume they told you to do some Pt every day to keep that from happening. Look for a therapeutic massage therapist. They can find trigger points and scar tissue and release your shoulder many times. You will have to do pt every day to keep it from reforming until your shoulder heals and the inflammation is gone. I've had your pain. I feel for you. But pain will be the name of the game and therapy will be painful. You need to do it if you are going to get better and get your ROM back without pain. If not this way, then surgery is about your only other option and you will still have to do pt!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.