Frequent urine infections

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so fed up with infections.Just finished a course of antibiotics . Have early signs of another. Try to ignore the problem but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions would help.thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was having recurring infections which were due to urine retention. Tried every antibiotic. I self cathetrise 3 times a day. Finally my urologist gave me a very powerful antibiotic, Fosfomycin, and haven't had an infection since. Try to find out why you are getting recurring infections. Get a referral to a urologist.

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm in this same situation. I have been on continuous antibiotics for a year and a half now, it really is a nightmare life. Did they give you this drug intravenously and if not, how long did the course last for ?

Thanks,

Sam

• Posted

My urologist prescribed Fosfomycin which comes in powder form in a sachet which you dilute with water and drink ( Orange flavour). Usually one dose is prescribed but my urologist gave me three packets to take,one a day on alternate days.

If you google Fosfomycin you can read all about it. I found that it worked very well for me and haven't  had an infection since taking it beginning of June 2016.

Are you getting your antibiotics from your GP? if so he should refer you to a Urologist.

Best of luck and hope you soon get sorted.

• Posted

Thanks for your input.drugs are on perscription.it's called Bactrim.have had several different ones.Had so many tests over the years, feel I would waste time having them again.I sometimes take a fizzy drink called ural satchels.Just frustrating the attacks start for no reason. BUT will admit mot a water fan.

• Posted

Hi, thanks.drug is in tablet form. Course last for a week.may not get same drug as you, I live in Australia.
    • Posted

Hi. Just for the info, I'm a 72 year old male in Manchester Uk.

Most medicines are traded under several names.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.