Has anyone tried vitamin e for hot flushes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It was suggested by my acupuncturist that I try vitamin e for hot flushes.Has anyone tried this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I've tried this method but unfortunately it did not work . I even went to herbalist at a cost , so now back on hrt and still flushing but not as much and energy levels are going back up. I've now got to see a doctor to discuss repeat prescription so I'm going in strong to fight my case this Wednesday wish me look 🙏🏽

• Posted

Thank you for replying. The vitamin e was suggested for a per dry skin, and although I bought some, I haven't used it yet. I have been on elleste duet 1 mg but when I read up I discovered that low estrogen can cause dry mouth, constipation and dry skin. So I have upped the dose of 1mg to 2mg for the past rwo days,taking 1mg in the morning and 1mg at night. I actually got some sleep last night, the first time in five months. I don't feel so anxious today either so hopefully when I speak to the doctor tomorrow, we can work out where to go from here. I had four different kinds of hrt over five months and was then put back on elleste duet, which I had been taken off, due to my age. That's when all the problems street. Up until then, I had no poems with flushes, sleep, panic etc.

• Posted

I even didn't know this will work or not? And of courses this is totally new method to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.