2 days after a cyst drainage+catheter- please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my cyst drained and the catheter inserted, but something feels weird.

#Does it suppose to hurt so much the days after the surgery?

# is it normal to have white discharge coming out from around the tube? Does it mean the gland is stil draining?

#And also!!!- how far is the tube suppose to be sticking out? I'm afraid it's falling out or something 😳

Does anyone have experience with that?

Any information will help!

Thank you!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

It is normal to still have discharge because the gland is draining still. Also, the catheter is supposed to stick there and not fall out. When I had mine inserted, it was painful and uncomfortable to sit, but as far as being super painful it wasn't so you might want to check with your doctor if is super painful because I know that infections can occur in my case I didn't have an infection while having the catheter luckily.

• Posted

Thank you Stephanie!

that really helps.

The pain comes and goes but it's really not as bad anymore.

About the tube itself, I was wondering ifs it's ok that I'm seeing like half an inch of it. So that it's a bit uncomfortable to put on panties. Do you think that's normal?

• Posted

I would say that's normal cause I saw mine too and yes it does get uncomfortable. But just to be safe I woul call your doctor and ask him.

No worries hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.