Tapentadol /palexia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone help was on tapentadol for 5 months. Came off very slowly over 2 and half months. Been off since 27th December, whilst taking had following symptoms sweats, freezing cold, exhaustion, aggressiveness, insomnia, headaches, sickness, migraines, heart racing and BP raised. Been off since 27th December I have felt exhausted, heart still racing, BP gone up, not sleeping at night, generally anxious. Has anyone had similar problems ?One gp said symptoms should have gone by now, another said symptoms can take time to go. In the meantime feeling so drained can't seem to get myself going, help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on for 9 months came off pretty easy however had mental depression and agitation, saught a shrink to help and he put me on Trintellix to fix that issue. It's really a chemical imbalance that happens. takes a long time for your body to adjust.

Just a suggestion.

• Posted

This drug works the same way Tramadol works. It alters your neurotransmitters and is anothe drug that messes with your brain chemistry. I've been off Tramadol nearly a year now and had the most horrible withdrawal. I was bed bound for 4 months with all the symptoms you describe. I'm still suffering now with same symptoms, just not as bad as acute withdrawals. It's called PAWS that you are experiencing (Google) it can take up to two years to fell right again. It sure messes up your brain/body, moods. In fact, these strong brain altering drugs should not be used for more than a few days! I've come across so many support groups due to these damaging drugs!

if you go on a SSRIs you will have the same withdrawal symptoms as coming off those too. Sorry, but theses drugs should come with a warning what they can to!

• Posted

Hey Ruth. I'm on tramodol at the moment. Had an addiction and told.my doctor. He give me 3x 50mg per day for a week. Then 2x per day 50mg for a week. And now I'm on my last week starting tomorrow taking 1x per day 50mg. Then nothing after that. I see your off them now and I'm looking advise of what to take and not to take. I see your saying u will still get withdrawals if I move to antidepressants? Obviously it's not the route I wana take. I no the feeling of not taking this drug and cutting down I have ive been feeling it. Moods up and down. Very angry quick tempered. Sweats and feeling like I'm cold but I'm not. I just wana get off these and stay off them but go down the best possibly route. I know it's going to be difficult. I've 2 young boys a wife and a full time job and at the min my wifes putting up with me because she knows I'm acting and trying to get off them.im so quick to snap at the kids and I was never like this. It's just getting me down. I've no energy at all and it's so hard to get out of bed most mornings. But I'm afraid after I finish them how I will be. I don't want to be this depressed angry person. I just want to be happy. Sorry for going on. Any tips would be greatly appercaited. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.