Meniere's

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone have any tricks or advice on getting the pressure out of the ear when it feels full and making you feel blah? Mine as gotten so bad I can hear my voice echo when I talk!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Are you on a diuretic?
    • Posted

No I'm not taking anything right now I just been riding it out on my own. I'm kinda scared to take a diuretic cause my blood pressure runs kinda low.

• Posted

Yes me too I take a natural one. I can't take precipitation diuretics. You might try dandelion . Look for the one with the leaf and root. Very mild . You can take one or two tablets in morning and at dinner. Just look at recommend dosage. Google natural diuretics. Horsetail is another worth while diuretic but you have to alternate it every other month or so. There are several natural ones to choose from. Just Google it. Those are my favorites. PINE BARK IS FOR CIRCULATION. It's helping a lot. If that doesn't help you may want to go back in and see your Doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I just started the horsetail. What did you mean by alternating it every other month? Thanks
  • Posted

If my diuretic isn't working for me I get that pressure. The Pine Bark is helping with that Brain Fog, and uneasy feeling.

• Posted

I do, but it's a bit difficult to explain.  I hold my nose, and then breathe in and then breathe out through the mouth.  I think it's my own version of something called the valsalva (not sure this is the correct spelling) technique.  It usually helps.

• Posted

I personally would check to see if my ear was full of wax and if it is put some olive oil to clear. 
  • Posted

I have low blood pressure but I can take the Dyazide- it does have specific activity on the inner ear but the natural options may work too. I find my ear pressure gets worse if I eat too much salt( or if I don't get enough water or too stressful day at work)I have to keep my intake under 900 mg or so- 300 mg each meal. You have to check labels on everything for sodium and remember baking soda is sodium bicarbonate- bad for your ears...and don't save all sodium for one meal- doesn't work.

• Posted

Thank you. They gave me Dyazide but I haven't tried them in fear of it causing my blood pressure to drop to low but I may have to give it a try. I'm going to a new ear doctor the 14th I'm praying he fixes me cause I can't keep going like this I don't even hardly leave my house anymore and that's hard with 3 kids I have tried the Valium 2mg but not a lot

• Posted

Yes I hope you get some relief- this is a terrible disease. Did you see the one post where the guy said his battle with cancer was easier than his battle with Meniers?!?

I took a half of a dyazide for a while now I take 1/2 every 12 hours and bp not any lower.

• Posted

Hi I have been suffering from this condition for 12 months at first it really did affect me terribly I also have tinnitus so you can imagine how I felt. I have over recent months adjusted to it and like other members take nothing I was offered the option of having  a grommet fitted but decided against it as they are known not to last long. Over time like tinnitus you can learn to cope. 
  • Posted

I have been told that this is a permanent symptom of Menieres that gets worse with time, along with Tinitus. Try reducing salt, that has helped me the past week
  • Posted

I was told that there is nothing you can do as this is due to fluid in your inner ear, and you can't control that.  I have found that reducing salt has helped, but who is to know if the problem has just got better during the time I've been watching my intake?  I wouldn't try all the techniques you'll find if you google - they are unrelated to Meniere's and I don't think they'll help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.