Ovarian cyst/benign tumour

Posted , 3 users are following.

following discovery of ovarian cyst (9x8x6cm) was booked for a hysterectomy which took place in December. All went well and recovery has been steady despite norovirus at week 3 which I thought would split my scar. I am regaining brain function and activity levels - although still tire easily. Final appointment the other night and was told my cyst was a benign tumour a little smaller than football. Can't remember it's name. My tummy is still fatter than previously but consultant says this will improve as tummy muscle recovers. So the end is in sight. Thank you all for your stories and advice which have kept me  going. Good luck to you all. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hope you continue to have a good recovery!  Best of luck to you, too!
  • Posted

Hi there Thesheen,

Gppd to hear about your experience.  I had the same as you in September my cyst was 12 x 10 cms by the time of my op.  I had my appendix removed as well as the cyst had killed the ovary which had wound it way round my appendix.  I did not have any external stitches either, magic!  I am now recovered except for some puffiness round my tummy, so a bit of a way to go yet, but hopefully with some tummy strengthening exercises, I look forward to getting into all of my trousers and not just a few by the summer.  I live in hope!

Best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.