I. Am still very worried about about my opp on ArKillers

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hhi there folks out there it's been. Just over 5months since I had ArKillers lenthing  again and had Tendons moved out  from the right hand side of the Foot to the Left ,,  and straighten my toe and put 2clips in Saw my Surgeon 😷 this week in London he is supposed too be the top one on the Country .as he worked in Australia. With Athletes,,,as it was done was 1 time round in Harley street .were the first Dr Hargreaves did it wrong ,but now after haveing it in 2casts on it and a boot now got one crutch struggling a little but it's stiff. But he told me to get to the gym now ,,as it will help and at night my foot jumps while dropping off to sleep as well like we're may be it's healing .Has any one out there had this as my foot had slightly dropped ,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda 

i am not familiar with the surgery you had, but the foot jumping just before falling asleep is something I have experienced--if I am understanding correctly. I had a full Achilles rupture on 29 July '16 and minimally invasive Achilles repair surgery on 2 Aug '16. Especially while I was in rhe splint, and later sleeping in the boot, i recall my foot flexing essentially stretching my Achilles. It seemed unconscious; I was not willing to do it, and it freaked me out because I was afraid I would do damage to the surgical site. I don't know if this is the same as what you are experiencing. Nevertheless, this phenomenon disappeared once I was weight bearing and gained mobility in my foot. 

I wish you all the best for a full recovery, and i hope you find relief.  Best wishes, Rob

• Posted

Aww thank you for getting back. Yes went to my one too one trainer today ,,,He said I have to learn too walk again bring the foot right in its hard going but I will stick with it next week Gym 3times a week he said it should improve it ,, I get so tired think may be it's just me getting older😚  So hopefully ..it will get better and. I can walk 50 better hope you get better wish you Luck ,😄

• Posted

Sorry yes I did get that were I felt I could damage. It but my docter said know you can't it's the neves. In the foot ,,, he said, my Surgeon   Said walk on your a Heels it helps Hod its hard and just keep doing the walk at the gym and what ever you are told to do didn't realise. How hard this was going to be   Again !!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.