Things you notice on your skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Now I have psoriasis. I was wondering why my limbs were aching? I go tomy dermatologist so I will bring it to her attention.. It's a break out on my back and under the side of my arms. What do people use over the counter that helps? I use moisturizer lotion. Till I go see doc. This is all new to me. But when my body aches I have to fix this. It sucks getting old😥

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes if we get the Skin Complaint Psoriasis we begin to suffer Psoriatic Arthritis in the small joints, spine, hips fingers toes and spine, we can also suffer Sciatica because of trapped nerves and affected Tendons.

You need to discuss a treatment plan and possibly see a Rhumatologist.

Psoriatic Arthritis is caused by an overractive immune system that damages, sometimes joints and tendon shieves. There are treatments.

I have suffered above for over thirty years and I am still a sufferer at sixty six.

The condition can clear at around the mid fiftees ???, I personally question that.

Many of us suffer flares where some can be disabled for set periods. Some sufferes can have severe problems through life and that MAY effect their occupations

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Border, you explained to me the difference between the two psoriasis. It is a shame that I have this starting in my life . I already have plans to have sinus surgery so will put this on the back burner for awhile. . I am using moisterizers for my skin problem. This year is not starting out so good. You have a good day. Jeannie4006
    • Posted

Jeannie

I use several ointments that help me. Epaderm and E45 Cream

You can also try a soap substitue to keep your skin moist when bathing, it is called Aquatious Cream, 

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Jeannie

I have had Psoriatic Arthritis now for over thirty years, I am sixty six years old and have gone through the works.

It sounds like you may need to see a Rhumitologist and see if they prove PsA.

A new introduction of treatments await, sorry

BOB

• Posted

Hi Jeannie,

Are you in the UK?  I have recently started using Epiderm which is available in ointment and cream forms.  It is expensive to buy over the counter, but I believe you can get a prescription for it.  Your dermatologist should be able to help with that.  Epiderm was developed by Dermatologist at the RVI hospital in Newcastle.  The ointment can be used as soap substitute.  I have found this better than aqueous cream as it does not contain SLS, which many brand of aqueous cream now contain.  SLS is well known as an irritant and finding SLS free aqueous cream isn't so easy.  Unfortunately, it's one of those things, not everything works for every person and in many cases, it's trial and error and it can take months to find something that can help!  

Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.