Creams to help the rash go down?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone used a cream/gel which has helped take the rash away? I have a bad bout of HSP at the moment. Antibiotics prescribed by my GP have helped clear up the fever I was experiencing, but my right leg is still very swollen and red. I can't get a shoe on it currently.

Also, does anyone have any good experience with drugs which help stop fuid retention? Over the counter or prescription?

Thanks. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Magstah my daughter has found Algesal or 5mg anti histamine. When it comes to fluid retention it depends on your albumin level. The water seems to build up the lower the albumin level. Normal is about 37 My daughters went down to 15
    • Posted

Hi

many thanks for the advice. I am going to try the Algesal cream, and I will take some antihistamine tablets as I have them in the house for hay fever.

Do you know what might boost my albumin level?

Hope your daughter is OK at the moment.

Maggie

• Posted

Albumin at 37 is normal, What units are you using ?  g/L ? 

So normal is 32 to 47 g/L. 

• Posted

Hi Magstah, unfortunately my daughter has not been well looked after since sept 2015 at GOSH and has now been diagnosed with end stage kidney failure and will be on dyalisis soon. They told us the whole way along it would never happen. Even having the "special is consultant" for HSP was a joke! We have been passed over to another consultant who in the past 10 years has not had a case like ours and doesn't have a clue what to do and is now going to research if my daughter has dyalisis and HSP is still active weather a transplant is worth it as the HSP may attach the new kidney. My daughter is 15 and unfortunately the future is not bright!

• Posted

5ml antihistamine and albumin infusions at hospital over 2 or 3 days properly monitored!
    • Posted

Hi,

so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope you get some help and support at this very diffivult time. Don't give up, as I have had cancer as well as HSP, but am now clear of that. My best wishes are with you and your family.

Maggie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.