Left side tight ,pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my second time with Bell's Palsey. First in 1999. Now Jan 26, 2017. Went to E r . Recieved Meds.

My question, this time I get more head ache on the left side,of my face, feels brusied. I do the eye patch , have the ointment for the eye. It is the left Ieye that won't shut on its own. Sometimes neck pain i. Back of head.

Now the biggest strangest part, my left side of my body, from the waist down to my low back feels like a constant muscle spasam. It is not my "normal " back pain. It even hurts to breathe sometimes in that area. Is this due to my lack of normal activity, or is it related to the Bells Palsey? I have pain meds, just do not want to over use them.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Bells Palsy affects the nerve in your face that runs along the front of the ear.  I don't know that it affects anything other than your face.

• Posted

Hi Kathy! I was diagnosed with Bell's palsy and experienced all kinds of aches and pains associated with BP in the Face, head, neck, and ear! Sometimes the pain even radiated to my shoulder and arm. Since there's too little research made about BP, I wouldn't see it impossible to have pain anywhere on the side of the body affected with BP. Let's keep in mind that some of us develop more or less side effects reactions to certain meds. It wouldn't hurt to double check with ur pcp; In my case for instance because I had a severe case of BP, I was given high doses of steroids pills, and steroids through IV, consequently among other side effects, I experienced lower back pain. It's been six weeks today and I still experience pain radiating from behind my ear toward my shoulder, arm, and hand. Hope we and everyone suffering from BP recover quickly.

• Posted

Thanks for answering! I think in my case that the fact that I was off balance and turned and almost fell did pull a muscle. I a ed and went to a chiropractor. Yes I did pull a muscle. And had one leg shorter than the other. Excersize and heat a d ice. I fell like the facial part of the Palsey is improvi g. My left eye seems to want to close if I conentrate. Yes , there needs to be more reasurch. This is a strange "virus" , or disease. I am working on Week 3.

Yes. Hopefully we all will recover sooner, than later. The biggest thing for me is to not allow the Bells Palsey to keep me down. I dyed my hair. Got a new style and just have fun! Along with the same me, Happy Valentine's day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.