Incontinency after one year of radical retropubic prostactomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Radical retropubic prostactomy done on 5th January, 2016. In spite of taking 15mg dariten, 75mg imipramine & doing kegel excercises daily I am still leaking. However I leak less and feel comfortable while sitting or laying. But I am continuously dripping while walking or standing. I am using diapers regularly and sometime panile clamp while walking. Urologist suggested for internal male sling.

I am 60 years old and very much frustrated at this stage. Since one year my routine life is very much disturbed due to this leaking problem and not enjoyed single moment of life.

Any advice /thought /personal experience regarding further type of treatment with success rate will be very much appreciated. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel as have had the same since Dec 15 after a TURP, and now I am having problems passing water and Dr says may have to have more taken from the Prostate and wonder what that could do to me and all my hard work with exercises will be wasted. The only good thing as having problems passing water has dried me up at night, but still get up as wanting to go but can't. Have tried self catheterisation but can't get it in.  Sorry can't give you any good advice other than trying to keep cheerful.

• Posted

Vinod,

I know how you feel and how hard it must be for you. Being one year incontinent is long time and I am sure that affects your QOL in many ways. It is probably time to think of another procedure to correct it. After one year no much improvement will happen.

I had also RP which happened 3 months ago.

I am about 98-99% dry but still using 1 pad per day for my own security. I am very thankful for that and hope to get it to 100% .

Did you have any luck with regaining erections?

MK

• Posted

MK

Till no improvement in ED also. As incontinence affected my routine life badly, therefore, I could not given attention towards ED.

Thanks

• Posted

One year on you will still dribble a little keep working on the kegel but sitting and laying is not the answer your Muscles will only get weaker people get stress dribble even after 3 years but if you work at the exercise it should improve Physio therapy is an excellent addition and some should be available to you, it is always given for 3 weeks post op in Germany and if not in the U.K. Believe me it is well worth the €20 per half hour, and does help! It cannot cost much more in the UK and maybe you get it free on the NHS, and if not they will have lots of money soon 350m a week!! So you should get some HELP

For sure i wish you LUCK and don't forget the Kegel at least twice a day and more.

Tk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.