Anxiety/depression or serious brain problem?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys. I've been experience pretty severe anxiety/depression since around October. Or so I'm told that's what it is. It started off with really strange/negative sensations that my dr described as "the fear of losing control." Its going to sound crazy, but I genuinely felt like I was going to do something like jump off the top of a building or stab myself, even tho I knew I didn't really want to. As time went on those feelings started to feel like i actually did want to do something like end my life, even though my symptoms were not those of someone who suffers real depression. I was still going to class, hanging out with friends, getting my work done, had no loss of energy or feelings of worthlessness. My doctor assured me that those are the kind of people who kill themsleves, not someone like me. Throughout all that I also had trouble sleeping. After that I started to experience symptoms I guess more related to depression, such that just had horrible vibes about the future, felt that I had nothing to look forward to, and just didn't feel like myself in general. Fortunately those feelings seem to have mostly gone away, but have replaced by different ones. The next phase was health anxiety. I had myself convinced for about a week that I had a brain tumor, upon having symptoms like dizziness, nausea, and a strange feeling in the back left bottom of my head. My dr assured me that I do not have one, which made me feel better for about a day. Next: afraid I'm either going to, or have been having some form of seizures. I have not had a full blow seizure, however I got myself paranoid that I was experience simple partial seizures (or something like that, thanks google). My symptoms include constant jolting when every time I just fall asleep, still a strange feeling in the left side of my head, sometimes seemingly slurred speech, tightness/uncomfortable feeling in my face/jaws which feels like it makes it difficult to speak, and worst of all- a very, very strange and indescribable feeling at night when trying to go to sleep. I just feel irritable, uncomfortable, like I'm about to start seizing, just bad feelings, I don't know how else to describe it. Even when I feel asleep I still wake up between 2-4 in the morning feeling this way. The feeling is gone with the morning and usually doesn't occur through out the day, until sleep time. Other than that I just feel like I am slowly going crazy or developing some kind of serious mental illness, or that there is something seriously wrong in my brain. I'm sorry this is SO long but if someone could please read and give any suggestions that would be great.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello gabby. So sorry you are going through this.  It does sound like you have anxiety and depression.  Are you prone to migraines too? (I feel like I have slurred speech when I get a migraine). I know you have seen a doctor, but are you seeing a therapist regularly?  Are you taking medication for anxiety/depression?

L

• Posted

Sorry it took so long to reply, but thank you for yours! I am seeing a therapist regularly. To be honest I'm not sure if it's helping or not... sometimes I think so and sometimes I don't. I also just started the medication Zoloft for OCD... but I'm not sure necessarily all I have. Lately I've just been feeling so very strange.. not like myself.. I'm afraid I'm losing my mind/going crazy.. I'm also still having some worries about my physical health.. this is no fun sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.