Psoriatic arthritis - knee replacement planned. Precautions?

Posted , 3 users are following.

on humira+methotrexate + sulphasazine + naproxen for Psoriatic Arthritis over 20 years.

I am very concerned that I am being handled by a general orthopaedic surgeon who thinks there is no difference for someone with PsA from ordinary joint replacements.

Am I paranoid?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had Psoriatic Arthritis for 22 years i now inject weekly and have done for the last 8 years! Why havnt they put you on a anti TNF drug. The last year my knees have been really bad but I have had them injected under GA by a Rheumatologist I would question why you are under a orthopaedic surgeon as it's common on PSA for knees to be really painfully unless you have an underlying problem x

• Posted

Do you see a rheumatologist as well? I would consult one before letting an orthpod loose on your body joints. Or is this a referral? 
    • Posted

Thanks.thats got tot be the right thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.