Brain shrinkage

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been off and on Zyprexa for 3 years in conjunction with various anti depressants to

treat depression and anxiety.

My main dose was 10mg but I had taken up to 30 mg at one stage for a short period of time.

I am freaking out because today I read today that Olanzapine causes brain shrinkage

Have I irreversibly damaged my brain.

A lot of my depression is being fueled by my feeling of being dumb and no longer being myself.

My doctor says this is a result of the depression but I can't hate to think that the Zyprexa has

has a lot to do with it.

I just find things that I used to do easy I no longer can do and my personality has completely changed.

Do you think Zyprexa can cause cognitive decline?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi mate have you completely come off the olanzapine now?
    • Posted

Yes Jeremy I am completely off the Olanzqpine.

Sorry for the tardiness of my reply I did not see your reply. It did not show up in my inbox.

• Posted

Hi I am a teenager and I think I have the same situation.... except I have lost my precious feeling ,,, I have developed nocturnal emission during the day .....I hv been on olanzapine also for 3.5 years....I know there is no one has experienced wt I hv and i am just worried for myself
  • Posted

I think it's possible.  You need to do exercise and stay fit while you are taking this drug.  Are you exercising?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.