Band

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I had my band 4 days ago now feeling ok but haven't been to the toilet and I don't want to get constipated any suggestions wot to do ?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

you can get things over the counter at the pharmacy such as senna that would help but it would need to be in liquid form as pills might not be the best thing to take as you are so newly post op - otherwise you could try liquidising some prunes into your meals or even drinking prune juice - goodluck 
    • Posted

Thank u I will try that . Wot is ur story if u don't mind me asking ?

• Posted

been losing and gaining large amounts of wgt all my life  - whenever i regained i always put it on 'with interest' if you know what i mean - had a band in oct 2008 - had already lost 4 st with wgt watchers and lost another 6.5 st with band but true to form i have had some regain even with the band so its a cont battle of the bulge - but one this is for sure is that i would have been past my starting wgt if i hadnt had the band so for that i am thankful - if you have any other questions please feel free to ask and i will be as truthful as i can be

• Posted

Well done that's brilliant I had my op wendsday not feeling to bad at the mo or feeling hungery yet I no it's going to be a hard road but I'm going to take my time and do my best thank u x

• Posted

just stick to the instructions you have been given and you should be fine - it is a tool to lose wgt and wont do all the work for you - but its a good tool to have and it sounds like you are motivated and positive so goodluck
  • Posted

Before I had my band, regular toilet visits were normal. My petite wife often commented on how often I needed to do so. Soon after my op I hardly ever went for a few weeks as I hardly ate anything!

A year after I go.. every other day

Relax

• Posted

i think when you are newly post op like Sam there will have been a day of nil by mouth, then the days immediately post op there probs isnt much food  going in so to if there is nothing much going in then there is nothing  much coming out - if you know what i mean - but things do settle down - for some time i never went as often as i did pre op but now 8 yrs later i am normally very regular though i do eat 2 prunes every morning with my cereal 
    • Posted

A good idea... on a year and a bit in and right now find anything solid before 8pm difficult to keep down. Lost 30k and just about to have another fill as I want to lose the last 10k or so before the summer. The price will be a few weeks on soups and yoghurt - and maybe some puréed prunes smile

• Posted

in what way do you find solids difficult to keep down before 8PM - do you mean you are living on liquids all day cos if that is the case you should probably have a word with your bariatric team as you should be able to eat solid food during the day - it might be that your band is too tight and you need a slight defill rather than a fill  - be really careful getting more put into a band that doesnt allow you to eat solid food - i know some foods are always gonna be a no go zone such as dry meats but you should be able to eat soft foods such as sheps pie, fish cake, casseroles, cereals and foods of that consistency - well done on the wgt loss btw.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.