Sore on roof of mouth - please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a sore on the roof of my mouth for about a week now, at first felt like a blister but now it's hurting more. Took a photo of it and it looks like a big inflamed lump about 1cm diameter, it has two yellow patches on it and red so looks like maybe filled with puss and blood? Any idea what it is? Will it go on it's own? Not currently registered at a dentist as we moved to the area this month

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

To be honest it could be so many things, no-one but a dentist can tell you really, I would get yourself registered when you can. It shouldn't take any time at all and the second you are you can make an appointment. You can actually make an appointment while your registering

• Posted

I know this can be a difficult one, depending where you are in the UK. When my mother developed a dental emergency at age 89 (having never seen a dentist in her life!) the appointment she was given when I registered her was 5 months out.

I suspect that what's happened is that you've burnt the roof of your mouth on hot food or a drink, but it could be other things. If you're going to have to wait a long time for the dentist, you could always ask your GP to have a look at it.

• Posted

hi...without seeing it I can't be sure but it sounds like a mouth ulcer. I get them with Behcet's disease. They can be very large and last for up to a week. Is it something you've had before or is this new for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.