esomeprazol emozul 20mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just a question i ahve been on Omeprazole and lansoprazole and now trying esomeprazol emozul 20mg to see if they help. As anyone else tried these and i also notice the tablet as no writing on at all never seen that before.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There are many different PPIs that are all as good as each other for reducing acid when taken in equivalent dose. (See attached graphic. )

Esomeprazole is no better than the omeprazole it was refined from (probably as a marketting ploy by Astra Zeneca) . 

20mg is a low dose. You may need more but do discuss it with your doctor. If needed, they must be used correctly and monitored by a doctor.

• Posted

Thanks i have been on 2 a day but these tablets i have now don't have anything on them is that normal ? all my others ahve soemthing on.

• Posted

Possibly a different manufacturer? The box should have correct details, though. Esomeprazole only recently went out of patent so there are generic versions now available (eg Emozul instead of the more expensive, original Nexium) .
    • Posted

Ok thanks they don't seem to be working nothing does, and now i stopped smoking it's got worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.