Not sure if I should take this medication ..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi , just been given Duloxetine... Just not sure about this medication really ... Can you drink at all ?? I am going on an all inclusive holiday in May with the family , I don't like the idea of being the only one not drinking ... I find having a few drinks helps my socially awkwardness and relaxes me .. I just don't know what to do , meh ..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anitaa

Just thought I would give you my personal opinion on duloxetine and

Alcohol. I take 30 mg of duloxetine daily for depression/anxiety

Fibromyalgia. I occasionally drink alcohol, I am a lager drinker and i can

Drink around 7 pints when I go out. Also discovered I don't get hangovers

Anymore. Duloxetine clearly states no alcohol as this medication is

Broken down by liver enzymes. You never mentioned how many Mg you

Were given? It seems to work for me, but its not a habit I do on a regular

Basis tbh. I only drink now and then really maybe twice a month.

30 Mg daily is a very low dose.

Cheers

Garry

• Posted

Hi. I've been on Duloxitine for years and the only thing you need to remember is 1. Don't drive if you are drinking and 2. It will increase the effect of the alcohol (depending on your system, how long you've been on it and how much you've had to drink). But be sensible!!

• Posted

You can't drink!!!! Dangerous liver damage possible. I came of duloxetine and the withdrawal was the worst 30 days of my life

• Posted

As others have said. Not good if you have any liver problems.

More than a couple or binge drinking, or spirits not recommended.

It will leave you feeling awful and I mean really awful !

also alcohol prevents antidepressants from working properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.