BAV with Ascending Aorta dilation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading your accounts with interest and would like some advice please.  8 years ago when i was 38 i had an echo after viral meningitis as they couldnt find why i was not getting better.  Anyway they found i had Co-arctation of the Aorta and bicuspid valve.  The coarc was repaired by stenting  in 2009 followed by annual check ups.  In Dec 16 i went for my echo and was told that i needed an MRI as the echo showed some Bav regugitation, aortic root dilation and loss of sinotabular junction geometry,  mild broadening of the QRS complexes.   Does anyone have any idea as to what this all means please??  I have had the MRI a couple of weeks ago but no results yet.   So confused and not eady for any more surgery as yet.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Why re there no results of MRI even though its been couple of weeks? 

Broadening of QRS complex is related to your ECG caused by your hearts ventricular not working correctly or AV node circuit malfunctioning. 

Do you have chest pain, dizziness or palpitations ?

How is your BP or oxygen sat. level? 

Depending on your condition, you should have been or will be prescibed medications.

• Posted

Hi Rocky31676

Thank you for your reply, i am not sure what it al meant so i googled it,  i think its a rythm fault,  my oxygen sats are 99% and BP 118/56 and heart rate 85bpm.

They said the MRI results should be with me next week and they were going to discuss me at the MDT discussion with the Geneticist and also ask my children to come in for an echo to check for BAV.   I dont really understand why when they know ive had BAV for the past 8 years.  

As for pain- that is a difficult one as yes i have pain in my left should blade and my right ribs but this is put down to gallbladder removal 3 years ago,  the gasto doc has said that as i have had muliple problems and thickened galbladder, colon etc he thinks it could be down to the co-arc but cardiologist says they are passing the book. 

Before i had the coarc done i had been suffering a lot of headaches, as a teenager i was diagnosed with migraines so i thought they were due to this again,  they disappeared after the stent but have started occuring again over the past 6 months.  I have also found that when i was rearranging my car port, lifting heavy items it felt like i had a lump in my throat and i produced a lot of white frothy sputum. 

I havent been prescribed any medication!  

It is all very weird and i have been asking for years for someone to send us to a geneticist for years as my children have multiple medical complexes which have no reason as to why.   They range from immune system issues, rhinitis, kawasakis, hypermobility, dyspraxsia and allergies.

Thank you its nice to not feel so alone in all of this

• Posted

Your doing good with all these issues. Yes, your not alone. Autoimmune disorders, rhinitis and allergies are very common. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.