D- mannose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have had recuuring uti for ten years now which has been treated with anti biotic, plus I tske a nightly antibiotic, this diesnt stop the uti recurring and they mske me feel so ill. I read about D-msnnose on line and was wandering gas anybody tried this product

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have, and although there are some that it works for and others that it doesn't the only way you will know is to try it for yourself.  I have found that it did help me in they way that it kept the bacteria at bay....not spreading.  D-mannose is most effective for the e-coli bacteria (which is the most common) mine was not that, so it did not treat it, but help it from getting any worse.  I even discussed this with the urologist and he said this was a good way to prevent and keep cystisis under control.  I believe if you have an infection you would need to take the higher dose recommended, as a preventative you could just take three a day. Drink plenty of water to flush the bacteria out.  It sounds to me the bacteria is resistant to antibiotics seeing you are taking one on a daily basis......I would say in your situation it is worth a try.

• Posted

Thanks Linda my uti is caused through e coli bacteria,iwill give it a try. Will tablet form work as wellvas piwder and do you know if any oarticular brand is better than others
    • Posted

Hi Donna,

I use capsule form, I am not sure how the powder would taste.  Because you have an infection you will probably have to take the higher dose which I believe is 3 capsules three times daily, I a currently taking three capsules once as a preventative.

• Posted

Hi Linda thanks

Iwill order them today,, like you said anything is worth a try. I will let you know how I get on

• Posted

Hi Linda

Ihave order my d mannose, how long should I take the higher dose for or willbit tell me this on the box .keepbyou updated thanks

• Posted

Hi Donna, that is great, what I did and was very helpful was I ordered myself urinaysis dip sticks, they are very inexpensive and they give you an idea if you are combating the infections.  If you are not having symptoms that is a good sign.  Ecoli bacteria produces nitrates which show up on the dip sticks if the bacteria is still there, that is one way....once the nitrates are clear, I would go down to the three a day to work as a preventative.
  • Posted

Hi Donna, I am more or less in the same situation

as you. blink at the wrong time and uti has rared it's ugly head once again.I have tried D-mannose, I was willing to give it ago , but didn't work for me. same as cranberry tablets. Unable to take that due to blood thinners. Anything is worth a try as it really gets you down. best of luck.

• Posted

Hi I used d-mannose, powder form last week before I was able to get in to see my Dr. It helped some. But I'm so glad I went in and got culture test instead of just thinking I'll try d-mannose. Turns out I have E. coli and klebsiella pneumoniae. Been on Cipro now for 5 days but the pain in side is still there along with the other symptoms. Reading up on Google is not a good thing as I'm getting very worried.

D-mannose powder form didn't really have a taste except a little like sugar water.

CC

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.