Frozen shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been told by my GP that I have got frozen shoulder,and have to wait at least 2weeks for a scan and to get my x-ray done before I go for my scan,it's been a week now and am still in pain can anyone give me some tips to help me cope with the severe pain I am in

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately with frozen shoulders even x-rays and scans are not going to take away any of the pain it could last for about a year to a year and a half

Mine started developing in around April 2014 to this day I am about 95% more mobile than I was before but it was not a fun experience what I did is acupuncture to rounds and I was secured that I had a lot more mobility and able to start working out my shoulders of it more

• Posted

As for the pain I did take some anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers
  • Posted

Mines been 7 months. Strong painkillers, ice packs and dangle your arm forward. It won't stop the pain, but relieves it a little. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi - agree with Maz57. You need to get strong painkillers - I never did very well on this front - just get some from your GP & if they do not work / not suit you then go back & pester the GP for a different type. Ice / heat packs were a godsend. They do not stop the pain but really help relieve it. Hot showers are good as well. Do NOT try to compensate by lifting up your whole shoulder to do an action as that will annoy the traps muscles, which I found very painful. Find things to make your life as easy as you can - for me I got a good a strapless bra, got the lightest handbag on the market & only carried in it the bare essentials etc.. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.