new patient here

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello I am looking for help i have been told by my gp I have frozen shoulder and waiting on a physio appointment..

1 thing I can understand and can't find much information on so would like people who suffer this to help me out as I keep thinking it's not right

the pain in my whole arm is excruciating also my shoulder has a sharp pain running diagonally down my shoulder about 5inches even wen I don't move it is just keep thinking frozen shoulder surely means it's when u move the shoulder u have pain but this is constant whether it's still or not it's very sharp pains that make me grit my teeth

today the pain became to much during work and had no option but to say to boss I have to go off

I have had this a long time but have fibromyalgia so though at first it was that but now know this is something different as it's gradually got so much worse and now can't cope with thw pain

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The sharp pain would drop me to my knees and bring tears it was in my shoulder and down into my upper arm more towards the inside of my arm however my whole arm at times could be achy all the way down even into my wrist and hand I elected to do no procedures and no physical therapy I am now 95% healed after one year from start to almost finish it began in January of last year and at the present time I have 95% range of motion and no pain with doing nothing other than letting my arm rest and heal on its own. I have other post here about my frozen shoulder that more details the timeline from severe pain to freezing and thawing good luck
    • Posted

thank you for your reply Tracey I have had this over a year now but only the last few weeks have been extremely sore I have managed 2 deal with it untill now !!!
  • Posted

Hi there....I too was "diagnosed" with FS back in January....I don't think it is either!, I have it in both shoulders and they THROB like mad, simultaneously...upper arms feel like they've been used as punch bags and get weakness going down to my hands...I had steroid injections done and the pain increased to the point I could no longer drive!!...I should have seen the physio 2 weeks ago but he cancelled on me and the next available appointment isn't for another 6 weeks,....by the time that appointment comes I'll have had this since the end of last November!!....now I've severe pain in my neck...totally cheesed off...can't sleep properly and by 3pm I'm dead on my feet and desperate to get to bed.....it's horrible and I feel for you, every day activities result in burning throbbing shoulders 😢

• Posted

Hi Chris I feel your pain and honestly know what it's like and can only sympathise with you no one can believe the amount of pain a FS can bring to you. I had a few chiropractor sessions that actually really eased the pain down my arm esp the shooting pain in my elbow but found it too painful to continue so am now trying to control the pain with acupuncture which is really helping me during the day- at night I'm still struggling a lot to sleep (hence this at 3am!) and the tightening of the joint just takes my breathe away with how painful it is - hot showers and volterole gel! Hope you get some relief soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.