warfarin

Posted , 3 users are following.

for over year now been on warfarin and my scores keep dropping and each time my meds increase now im up to 17.5 mg daily. swelling still happening when on feet too long  and my leg is tender to touch does anyone else have same issoes and or advice please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

I suggest that you consider switching to one of the NOAC's now available as an alternative to Warfarin.

I would recommend Apixaban, which I have been taking without any issues for approaching two years now.

Good luck!

Nigel

• Posted

Nigel many thanks for your reply i shall definately put it to consultant when i see them which will be 16th March . Though slightly wary as i started on RIVAOXIBAN and within 6 weeks the blood clot became extensive and had moved to femoral vein from poplateral vein  behind right knee. The worst bit is not knowing why or what caused it though myself and a cousin are the 5th generation to have issues with similar problems . Will have to wait and see what they say next month.

Regards 

Michelle

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I, too, started my regime of NOAC's with Rivaroxaban. My Consultant Haematologist advised that I switched to Apixaban, as this had a significant reduced risk of an internal bleed! No problems at all since I have been taking it.

Good luck!

Nigel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.