Planta fasciitis

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

my daughter has been suffering for about 3 months the pain is unbearable at times, she has been back and forth to the doctors who finally gave a steroid injection. Can anyone give her any advice. 

Many thanks.

jean

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I know how awful it feels!!

I don't think there is any advice as such that I can give as nothing worked for me and I took advice for everyone! Even really crazy stuff. I can tell you what I tried and hope it's of some use to you as different things appear to work for different people

-Insoles - Shop bought and customer made

-Stretches

-Running foot over a tennis ball/rolling pin/bottle of fronzen water

-Massage

-Physio

-Shock wave therepy

-Reflexology

-Acupuncture

- Swimming

- Wearing trainers

- Avoiding footwear

- Loosing weight

- Compression Socks

- Caster Oil packs

- Vitinins

- Magnesium Oil

- Aircast padded insole

I can't even begin to tell you how much time and money I spent so I hope that one of the above helps your daughter.

I have actually ended up having surgery 3 weeks ago to try and fix mine as I literally had no other hope.

Good luck! Xxx

• Posted

Hi

thand you for the advice, we shall look into all things that may help her.she has tried most of them already. Doctors don't help. 

Jean

• Posted

Doctors can either give you tablets or cut it off!! Theyre cutting back on treatments!!!so we have to pay for alternitive Therapy ourselves...things need time to hheal...xx
  • Posted

Hi...Jean ive had this condition for a year now and after seeing a chiropadist who advised me to rst the foot as much as possible stretching exercised and insoles eith a arch support also wearing crocs ..so i bought all new sandles..the geman ones?it is getting better...hope that hhelp....liz.
  • Posted

Now ive started with pain in my other foot so im resting it and outcome the support socks again!!! It doest help that i work in a shop and on my feet all day but good support socks and shoes with a good arch support hhelp...
  • Posted

Jean,  See my comments on this website by googling:  "patient WhiteRabbit17 doknabox"    Good luck, doknabox

• Posted

Hi Jean,

I don't usually write in forums but I feel I have to now because of my experience with PF - I have to share the surprisingly amazing cure I found!

I had it for 4 months and couldn't walk more than 5-10 mins without pain. This was the result of marathon training and an ankle sprain that changed my walking style. I ordered everything I possibly could from amazon to heal it but nothing worked.

I kept reading and learning about the injury and it all seemed to link back to flexibility in the hamstrings and calves. I was so sad and desperate to find a cure but nothing was working. I did lots of stretching 3 times a day for these areas but still nothing.

That was until I started hot yoga. These are 1-1.5 hour classes taught in 30-40 degrees celcius heat.

After just 2-3 classes I felt complete relief. The classes that I attend are very similar to bikram yoga. I kept going for the past month as much as possible - I was on an intro offer that meant i paid £30 for unlimited visits for a month. At the start I went about 3-4 times a week but now I've only been once this week and feet are feeling great.

They're doing so well that I'm now able to go on long shopping trips, I ran 30 mins, I attend intense spin classes with lots of heavy pushing and I walk 40 mins a day for my commute (and also spend a further 40 mins a day on the tube). None of this was possible before so for anyone suffering with this horrible injury you must give hot yoga a try. Sometimes I feel like might be beginning to burn again but I go to yoga and it's all good again.

Using my knowledge from 3 physio sessions I had I think the yoga has made me so flexible so quickly that my muscles are now able to absorb shock when I walk. Before they were so tight that my plantar fascia was absorbing shock and thickening with small tears as a result. When that happened, it felt enflamed.

So give it a go!

Ps I'm not a doctor... just sharing my own story smile

• Posted

See my comments on this website by googling:  "patient WhiteRabbit17 doknabox"    Good luck, doknabox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.