Has anyone tried magnesium citrate for meno anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started magnesium night oil to aid sleep. I have also increased the elleste duet to 2mg for the past couple of days. I feet way more relaxed and slept for about 6/7 hours with only two breaks over the night last night. I have also taken a small dose of Magnesium Citrate as I have had constipation due to low estrogen levels. The dry mouth seems to only be happening when I have a hot flush, but these are a lot less frequent. There may be light at the end of this long tunnel! Hope some of this info helps others.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I read that magnesium can help with anxiety and depression and magnesium deficiency is linked to heavy periods which I have. I've just started on 500mg of magnesium citrate amongst other things so will let you know the results!

• Posted

What form of Magnesium citrate are you taking? Good luck with it! After reading so many posts, the general feeling sems to be that we are all searching for what suits us individually. I think we all just want to feel ourselves again. I have been posted "missing" for the past five months!

• Posted

I've been searching for a reason for my low mood/depression for so long it's ridiculous! I've tried lots of things so magnesium is the latest along with a high dosage Vit D. I'm a novice though so explain what u mean by form of magnesium citrate?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.