Vasectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

The best advise to anyone thinking about the snip is to NOT have it.

The nhs website now say a 10 % chance of long term pain, this could well be higher as they have kept increasing the side effects over time.

When I had it done they said it was nothing, but PVPS gradually set in. I just feel sorry for the poor guys who after say a couple of weeks write to say " they are good" as though they would know by then, some of us do but for others it comes slowly.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

4 years of pain for me and exhausted treatment options. I'm also on Testosterone replacement due to the damage caused by the GP.

The vet could have done a better job.

• Posted

I got mine done on October 2016.  But no lingering pain just the fact that my procedure was a fail!!!. My tubes fused back together and I still have seman. I am debating on getting the procedure done again but have to think about it knowing what pain there is in getting it done.
  • Posted

Well said, of all the decisions I've made, having a vasectomy has been a disaster. If the worst thing a man has to do is ware his condom, then think of it as just sheer pleasure!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.