Awaiting chest X-ray

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is this a closed forum?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi no it's not.  I have never seen anyones posts on the net though, it doesn't mean they aren't there.  

This is why you should never put any private information ie email address,  tel no etc.  on the forum.  x

• Posted

No it's not. This forum is awesome! The help has been answered from personal experience. I an basically a newbie. Just ask your question and it will be answered 

Ellen

• Posted

Good luck for your chest x-ray.

No the forum is not closed. viewable by the world wide web,

Below any post you create or reply to it says underneathe the tick box 'follow this discussion....'

"Anything you post in these forums is publicly visible. Don't include information you're not comfortable sharing in public. "

• Posted

Had appointment for spirometry test nearly three weeks ago due to breathing, coughing and bringing up excess mucus. Nurse decided not to go ahead with test, as she said I was too chesty upon exhaling. Called in doctor to listen to my chest and decided I should have chest X-ray at hospital, also prescribed 5 days of steroids which made my breathing much better, but Wouldn't prescribe antibiotics as I didn't have temperature. I haven't actually been diagnosed with anything yet, and still awaiting chest X-ray results...nearly three weeks now, is this normal? I'm due for another spirometry test this week, but I doubt they'll do it as still chesty upon exhaling. 

• Posted

No idea the wait in your location for xray results, I usually ask at the time when the doctor will receive the results, in my location wait can be from 5 days to 2 weeks but usually the patient has to phone the surgery to see if the results are in,  if so you can make an appointment to see the doctor or ask for a telephone appointment to see if the doctor needs you to make an appointment.  

• Posted

I was told by radiographer that results usually take a week to get back to G.P, and it's now three weeks since my X-ray. I'm due a spirometry test this Friday which will be carried out (hopefully) by the practise nurse, I guess I'll get my results then. My last appointment was cancelled due to her phoning in sick, lol!

my first spirometry test didn't go ahead as she heard me wheezing upon exhaling...called doctor in to her office to listen to my chest, and was told to go for chest X-ray. Also prescribed 5 day course of steroids. No antibiotics given as my temperature was normal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.