Fractured pelvis after a fall

Posted , 4 users are following.

my mum fell before Xmas and fractured her pubic bone, she has been walking with a frame sinc, but is still in a lot of pain when she moves. How long does it take to heal and get better?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula is your mum wight bearing fully yet. the pelvis can take quite a while to heal, how long was she told by Dr.

Also are you UK

• Posted

Hi Paula is your mum wight bearing fully yet. the pelvis can take quite a while to heal in fact depending on how bad it was, i also did it last june, how long was she told by Dr.where abouts is most of pain.

Also are you UK

• Posted

Hi Alexandria yes my mum is weight bearing, walking with a Zimmer frame. The doctor told her about 8 weeks, but doesn't seem much better. She said the pain is in her other side to the one she fell on, across her back and at the front. Yes I am in U.K.

• Posted

What did you do for you mother already? I mean did you went to doctor and took medicine?
    • Posted

She was admitted to hospital where she was for over a week, then after about a week being at home she had to go back in cos of the pain. She was in for another week but they didn't do anything and since she's come home she doesn't seem much better.

• Posted

is she on any pain meds to help getbthru the pain cycle,  they do help control the pain as well as Tylenol to get thru the hardest part. It's a slow process for som and if she is in serious pain then she may need to consider pain meds and PT.,THE MUSCLES AND THE TENDONSM THAT ARE INPLACE TO HOLD THE the bone are weak and need to be built up slowly with specialized physical treatment teaching slowly how to build muscles without pain. Ask for PT when appropriate for her healing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.