Vagifem and hair loss?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone experiencing any hair loss while using Vagifem for Atrophic Vaginitis?  It has been wonderful for taking away discomfort but I have been noticing my hair shedding for several months.  I will ask my GYN if that is the cause of hair loss.  I just pray it's not as it works so well for the AV!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wendy.

I have read somewhere that this is a side effect of Vagifem.

• Posted

Could be,

but when I went thru menopause and even now 8 years later, my hair has gotten much thinner. Hormone loss has a lot to do with it. I now take Biotin 100mg everyday. It has taken alsmost a year, but I do feel it has helped.

• Posted

No problem with hair loss at all. I've taken Estrace cream and now yuvafem since last August. I have gained weight though without any change in my diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.