Total shoulder replacement surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

3 weeks post op and my shoulder feels like it's burning. The feeling goes from my neck to mid upper arm.

Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's possible. I'm thinking the muscles, tendons and such were all affected. I would call your doctors office and check with your doctors nurse. It's very early in the healing process and it's going to take a lot of therapy. Perhaps you need to ice it. But I'm NOT sure about that. I had rotator cuff surgery and from the info I pick up on this site, it seems quite different with treatment. Best wishes.

• Posted

Keep posting bout ur shoulder replacement as im having 1 done in bout 3 mnths time. Trying to find out as much as possible about it. How limited is ur movement?, did u have nerve block or anesthetic?, how was the pain after surgery? Any info gratefully received.
  • Posted

No, ... not normal in my experience. May be healing problems, in which case you should make your surgeon aware of it. May also be due to nerve damage. Maybe your family doctor could arrange for a nerve test. For me, about 3 months post op, I had a nerve test that revealed/confirmed problems with my radial nerve AND my axillary nerve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.