Sinus infection making my head feel gone? Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't feel like I'm in my head properly and the back of my head above my neck feels weird like its partly gone?? A few days ago I was trying to lost my head up more than usual to drain the mucus and then the next day I felt like I struggled to lift my head up and now I think something's happened?? I've been trying to get rid of the infection with vinegar, tumeric, salt water, lemon, hot steam and sleep sad

It is making me feel so weird. I feel extremely anxious and depressed. Could I have lost part of the back of my head??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think you should go see your Doctor to put your mind at rest. One of the best things to do with a sinus problem is to drink plenty of fluids (water preferably) it thins out the mucus. Stress will make it worse, so see your GP
    • Posted

I just don't feel I can manage a trip there until I feel reasonably better

• Posted

Hi Me, I know how you feel. Do you have so much congestion that it's hurting your head? Sinus Infections SUCK. I boil water in the morning and breath in the steam sometimes that helps. Nasal drops for moisture . I went to a Nurologist for my headaches because they turned in to migrains. He put me on Nortriptyline. Then Topiramate. Then I got a sinus infection. My surgery is the end of the month. I just hope your pain goes away .Good luck

• Posted

A few times I've had absolutely horrible headaches but right now my forehead just feels puffy and completely congested. Do you feel weird mentally too? I don't feel like myself, and it's made me very depressed and anxious but when I get some relief, I feel immediately better

• Posted

Hi, I hear ya. I bought vicks vapor rub. Your going to think I am crazy? It can go on your chest your neck . What I did was put a wash cloth with a little vapor rub on it and rubbed it on the front of my head. Well , the pain went away and I could breath better from the congestion. I'm just trying to help any way I can . For bad headaches you might want to visit a Nurologist so he or she can subscribe pain meds for the head. I don't know if you had a brain scan or a MRI of the sinues? Please let me know if you did ? Jeannie

• Posted

No I haven't had any scan. I don't have any Vicks to use. It just feels so stuck behind my face, I can hear it making a dry creaking sound all the time

• Posted

Hi, You should call your primary doctor then he or she will send you to the right doctor. It seems like you have a sinus infection. Do you have a lot of congestion that is hurting your head? I might be wrong but with what your telling me it sounds like that. I just hope you just make a appointment for a ent or a Nurologist that deals with head. Let me know if you did. Please Jeannie
    • Posted

Doesn't always hurt but it's just felt like I couldn't think properly, really scary. Is ENT a brain scan? I don't know if I trust scans on my head, I've never had one before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.