Something that's helped my psoriasis quite a bit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everybody,

Thought I'd share just in case this might help any of my fellow sufferers out there. I've battled psoriasis for about 15 years now; my diagnosis is typically moderate plaque psoriasis, and over the years it's migrated all over my body, most prevalently on my shins, knees, elbows, forearms, and scalp. I've tried pretty much all the topical prescriptions and everything over the counter you can imagine. Little has had much positive effect, at least for more than a week or so at a time.

Recently, though, I did some research into nutritional supplements, and for the last month I've been taking an assortment of things you can buy at any grocery store. It seems to have had a huge, huge effect. As in, I've gone from about 10% of my skin covered constantly to maybe 1%. Every lesion everywhere on my body has disappeared or is fading significantly. And the only thing I can attribute the improvement to is the supplement regimen I recently started taking every day.

I haven't isolated any of these, so I don't know which of them is causing most of the improvement. But in case you'd like to try it yourself, here's what I'm taking every day:

1. Multivitamin

2. Vitamin D-3 5000 IU

3. Coconut oil softgel 1000 mg

4. 450 mg turmeric pill

Once a day for each. Then, in addition, I'm drinking one tbsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with a spot of honey and water. It tastes terrible, but isn't too hard to slug down quickly and get it over with.

Again, just my two cents. But I've tried everything over the years, and nothing has worked. Till now.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi emagers

Thank you for sharing that information. Im glad this is helping you. Ive had psoriasis for 38 years no creams from the GP or hospital have helped me, it might improve while using it but when I stop, it comes back within days. UVB light works wonders for me I only get this when I have guttate psoriasis all over my body and have treatment 3 days a week for 6 weeks at the hospital and i am free from psoriasis for such a long time after, years in fact. Perhaps its the high dose of vitamin D3 your taking, Im taking 3000iu D3 daily for a deficiency, Im also on a gluten free diet (i do not have celiac disease) Im hoping in time it will help clear my psoriasis, if not I will try what you suggest.

• Posted

Hi emagers

Thank you for sharing that information. Im glad this is helping you. Ive had psoriasis for 38 years no creams from the GP or hospital have helped me, it might improve while using it but when I stop, it comes back within days. UVB light works wonders for me I only get this when I have guttate psoriasis all over my body and have treatment 3 days a week for 6 weeks at the hospital and i am free from psoriasis for such a long time after, years in fact. Perhaps its the high dose of vitamin D3 your taking, Im taking 3000iu D3 daily for a deficiency, Im also on a gluten free diet (i do not have celiac disease) Im hoping in time it will help clear my psoriasis, if not I will try what you suggest.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing ! I've heard turmeric is great for joints too . I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis that is out of control right now . I take vitamin D3 and a multivitamin everyday. Definitely going to try the coconut oil and the turmeric pill also !

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestion and information sharing. I followed your routine for one month. Unfortunately it did not completely clear up my skin issues, and I still have issues with joint pain. I still use those supplements. I am going to stop taking tumeric pill because the powder form seems economical and will continue with that . And I may try ingesting virgin coconut oil orally instead of pill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.