Which absorbent products do you use and you recommend?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I use all the types, pads, pull-ups or even diapers, depending on the situation. I constantly look for a better product, with good cost/quality balance for everyday use and with high absorbency/comfort balance for the occasional "hard" situations.

Every few months there is something new marketed or changed, so what do you think it's worth trying?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I too have tried most disposable nappies, pads and pull ups. At the moment I am using Alvita slips at night with plastic pants. and tena comfort super or maxi shaped pads with net fixing pants by day
  • Posted

I use Depend pullups at night, while using condom catheters during the day.   And some additional information for  men:  I use condom catheters during the day.  I had been using the Freedom silicone catheters by Coloplast, with the Aloe (aka Mentor).  The adhesive is horribly sticky, and some nights, I have spent as long as 50 minutes removing the catheter, and getting the adhesive off my penis and hands.  (And that was the case, even though I had generously applied a skin prep before putting the catheter on.)

Finally, I ordered some catheters (Coloplast Freedom clear WITHOUT Aloe).  The last two nights, I was able to peel the catheter right off in about 20 seconds. There was no sticky mess left for me to deal with!   Not one speck.   So men should be warned about how incredibly sticky the Coloplast with Aloe can be.

• Posted

Mary, have you seen your GP about this? There are several surgical options which may help. Lots of women have this problem but there are a variety of causes,which can be identified to find the best solution

. Apologies if you have already seen your GP

• Posted

Yes, I did everything, I had the best solutions to make things better but they didn't stop the incontinence. It's mainly for a mix of causes so, apart from LBL, bigger accidents luckily are not an everyday thing and unluckily not predictable at all. Big protections are just in case and I'm always looking for something better, just as for new medical solution.

Anyway thanks for your advice.

• Posted

Hi Mary 1280 I use nappies most of the time but for a couple of weeks per month I pop an I dwelling catheter in I must admit that the catheter is favorit
  • Posted

Hi Mary1280.

I have heavy incontinence so need taped pads most of the time.

At the moment I'm very happy with the Attends Slip (Regular) 9. They are really quite thin and given this I was surprised how much they absorb. They also cope with bowel accidents. I have some bladder control and at times can make it to the toilet so it's also a plus that you can move and reposition and if needed retape, to allow this. I think they are very good value for money.

I have been trying the Abena brand - abri form premium 4 - for the first time and as I've seen others report, they are extremely absorbent. They are bulkier than Attends slips and this does increase when wet. They are a little pricier but if you need something for when you aren't sure when you'll be able to change they are worth it. They absorb loads though they do eventually feel wet more than Attends do. I may order a size smaller next time I order. Still figuring that out.

I've also used Drylife slip super which are great but less really available (find single packs occasionally on amazon). Also Lille but they don't fit me so well, though they are passable for use at home.

Whatever I use I always wear close fitting cotton underwear over the pads to keep them in place, tight and stop any rustling noise. Without this the pads would risk working loose when heavily wet. I haven't used plastic pants so far though I'm thinking of trying this as I'm having some bowel accidents.

• Posted

Thanks, useful informations. I used mainly Tena protections so I would give them a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.