I don't feel any better

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I've posted before but here goes again! I have been diagnosed and gluten free for 6 months now. At diagnosis I had replacement b12 injections.

6 months on I don't feel any better at all. In fact I feel worse as the weeks go by. My main symptom and the reason I initially went to my GP was fatigue. I now feel exhausted all of the time. I am off work sick currently and I have pretty much lost my life, it takes everything I have just to get through the working week.

I'm starting to think that the coeliac disease was found by mistake and there's something else going on. I've been back to the doctor and they don't know what else to test for as iron, thyroid etc are ok.

Can anyone help please??

Lauren x

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

its always worth seeing your Gp if your really concerned.

From experience it can take months for your body to get right. I'm sure your being strict about gluten but it is hidden in the most unlikely foods and drinks so just be extra careful and see how you go.

I was diagnosed 18 mths ago, I feel much better but it's not been as straight forward as I thought.

Debs 

• Posted

Coeliacs become deficient in many vitamins and minerals and even after going gluten free may still need supplements especially Vit B and magnesium. It could be you are not getting proper sleep. Try taking calcium but have it through the day and the magnesium at night time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.