I am worried my daughter has alopecia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, wanted some advice. My daughter who is 9 woke this morning with a patch of hair gone? Is long piece of skin about 1 inch long and wide? It's not smooth, there is hair growing and seams a little

Spikey. There is no reason for this? I could see no hair on pillow?? It's at the front of her head just to the side? Does this sounds like alopecia ?? Or would it have to be all smooth and no hair?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Plz see you doc. For a diagnosis. It could be many things. 

positive and healing blessing sent ur way!

• Posted

Jodie, deep breath. If it is autoimmune alopecia I think from pictures I have seen usually the skin is bare, people describe it as velvety. But I am not an expert. If she has some short hairs growing, could it be tactile situation? Could she be twisting or pulling hair nervously at school? Location made me think that.

But see a dermatologist. Any medicines new? Any new allergies? Any travel outside your country or anything? Changes in sleep habits or diet? Shifts in body weight up or down or appetite? Hair does not like change. Any new hair on her body anywhere else?

• Posted

Hello Jodie as the others have said it could be many things Alopecia UK and they are better placed to offer advice. I'm a volunteer there. Someone will get back to you soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.