Any ideas of meals

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on orilsat for 5 weeks gone from being 15.05 to now weighing 13.12 SK lost 16kg nearly 2 stone any ideas for meals

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

omg thats amazing, i need to be asking you for ideas not the other way around!!!! can i ask what your daily food diary looks like?
  • Posted

Well done you!!

2 years ago I lost 5 stone in a year, after having baby 10 weeks ago I got the magic pills again but I'm struggling with motivation to cook again well that and having a baby constantly in my arms.. what meals are you eating? Last time I lived on slag Bol, chilli con carne, Sunday roasts, stir frys, jacket potatoes

• Posted

Hi Linzi, congrats on your baby & to you for not only having had the baby but be trying to lose weight already. As a new mum I guess you need to make sure (more than the rest of us) that your diet is varied & full of nutrients etc. I've lost 1st 12lbs in 6 weeks & I tend to have fibre-filled breakfasts like porridge & frozen berries to keep me going, home-made soup at lunch with fruit & yoghurt & meals like you suggest above.

Stupid question but could you get some time in the kitchen if little one is with dad or grandparents meanibg you could do some bulk cooking? It would be a lot of work at the time but if you made batches of bolognese/chilli/tomato based curry etc to freeze you'll have meals ready to de-frost. I use frozen veg & fruit every day so there's no prep & its generally cheaper too! I know from experience you want no-fuss quick & easy food but I found the key to that was to have 1 day every couple of weeks to devote to preparing batches in advance. If you make a chilli fir example you don't have to always have it with rice - have it with a jacket potato or make wedges (normal or sweet potato) or get some weight watchers wraps & make enchiladas for a change. Bolognese stuffed peppers or courgettes perhaps? You can use the basics to create a variety of meals that'll stop you getting bored BUT you need someone to help you as none of us are superhuman & it can't all be done by 1 person on their own. I tried & failed ;-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.