Sertraline to Venlafaxine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - I've been on Sertraline for around 6 months, increased from 50 mg to 100 mg in December as I found SAD was making my depression much worse . . . I was fine on 50 mg with minimal side effects but the increase to 100 mg was awful, yes, I felt better in my mood but the side effects increased in severity, my gp suggested trying 75 mg but the side effects were still bad and my depression worsened.   This week I saw my doctor and we agreed to try something different, I've been on Venlafaxine for a couple of days now and have a headache, which I accept may be due to the change of medication and my mood is definitely dropping today . . . has anyone else changed from Sert to Venlafaxine?   I'd be grateful for your experiences . . . huge thanks, feeling a little sad today so I'm grateful this forum is here.

Thanks, Susan

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have not change myself, but i know someone who uses Effexor and he is happy with it.

You might feel headache and some anxiety at the first week but it will pass. Some times the headache will come and go for a month but it is mild one.

• Posted

Thank you - I seem to be doing quite well, my mood is ok, I'm a little sleepy in the mornings but it gets better as the day goes on . .. only a slight headache at the moment but nothing to worry about. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.