Lichenoid dermatitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a biopsy on Dec 9th. The doctor called a week later and said I have LS and started me on clob. Yesterday, I went for a follow up appointment with the nurse practitioner and saw my pathology report which said "lichenoid dermatitis". She said she had never seen that before and needed to research it. Does anyone know what it is? Google isn't telling me much.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I just had a google and found this 'Lichenoid tissue reaction (LTR) or interface dermatitis (IFD) is some of the commonly encountered clinical and histological presentations in dermatology and pathology. The term interface dermatitis refers to the finding in a skin biopsy of an inflammatory infiltrate that abuts or obscures the dermo-epidermal junction. The term ''lichenoid'' refers to papular lesion of certain skin disorders of which lichen planus is the prototype'. I gather from this is that they found inflammatory cells in the biopsy, and it is due to the popular lesions 'white patches' in which either lichen planus or sclerosus is the cause. I think it's just the doctors medical terminology for finding lichen sclerosus in the biopsy. Hope this helps 

• Posted

I think you're correct. I was really hoping to escape this LS. But I guess I'm joining you lovely ladies.

• Posted

I know it is a horrible disease to have, but with proper management it can be controlled and may eventually go into remission. I recommend reading through past discussions on here as they have helped me so much 
    • Posted

I got a letter today saying that lichen sclerosis is not the same as lichenoid dermatitis. But it's treated the same. So frustrating. I thought from my research that LS is a form of lichenoid dermatitis. 😟 I don't know whether to believe it or not.

• Posted

Who did you get the letter from, your doctor? Did it explain the difference between LS an lichenoid dermatitis. I'd follow up and ask for more information if it is from your doctor

• Posted

I got the letter from the NP, she spoke to a gyno. Nothing was explained! I will call. This is so frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.