ABOUT TO START FEM 7 CONTI... experiences anyone please?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have spent over a year trying to pluck up the courage to start HRT and I have finally done it and got Fem 7 Conti Patches.  I would be so grateful for some positive encouragement, wimp that I am!

xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Well done!! why did you decide to go the HRT route? I have been taking Evorel conti for approx 14 years now (I'm 66) I had to take it as i was suffering from awful night sweats and flushing. It stopped them in less than a week! It has it's side affects too.. like spotting sometimes as the hormones settle down. (can take a few months) It improves the skin and various aches and pains you may experience. Keep us posted. smile 

• Posted

Hi Pat  thanks so much for replying!  Couldn't stand the endless symptoms any longer.  It seems hormones affect everything from your head to your feet.  The sleeplessness, lack of energy, awful painful sex and being barely able to remember who I am was a big part of it!

Will keep you posted.  take care xxx

• Posted

Yes, you need some help. I am sure you will start to feel much more like your old self very soon smile That horrible foggy brain/aches all over..

(I'm sure I have seen a new vaginal dryness cream (non hormonal) being advertised on TV. Have a look around if you are still having problems in the future. (I'm in the UK) take care xxx

• Posted

need help that's for sure Pat!     I will check out the cream, thanks so much.

All the best xx

• Posted

Hi Caroline

that's so reassuring.  I guessed they would be less harmful than tablets and so I must bite the bullet and put one on tomorrow!  My partner is threatening to cover me entirely with them...  wink x

• Posted

Thanks Pat ... your post has just helped me make a decision... after 9 months on tablets ... I have become grumpier and grumpier ... very low moods and aware last night every 30 mins ... I am starting the Evorel Contri patches today ... did you experience brest tenderness when you started them ... this was the main reason I had to stop other tablets like Kliovance and Ellete duo 
    • Posted

I think I did have some breast tenderness, but it does pass, if the patches make you feel better then it's worth it. You could start on a low dose of Evorel and work your way up? Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Pat. Hope you don't mind me asking, if you have already been prescribed the patches, at a certain dose, how would you start on a low dose? Would you cut a bit off the patch to reduce the dosage? I'm considering cutting mine to see if it reduces my breast tenderness and bloating.

• Posted

Hi Maisie, yes, that's what I did. Because they are a matrix design it is quite easy to cut them down. Changing any doseage might give you spotting as the hormones fluctuate,but it will stop the breast tenderness and bloating. Hormones are very slow moving so you have to bear with them so to speak. Do it slowly. say cut a quarter or less off to start with.

• Posted

Thank you Pat smile It helpful to finf this site and talk with people who are going through or have gone through the issues 

• Posted

You're very welcome Catherine smile Keep us updated about your journey. 

• Posted

Hi everyone!

Well the update is I plucked up the courage to start the Fem 7 Conti patches and I have to say so far so good...  I have been on them 4 days now and my energy levels are so much better!  I am sleeping ( that hasn't happened for years)!  My muscle aches have gone and my mood is greatly improved i.e, not so full of rage.  Here's hoping the rest of the stuff will follow.. i.e. no more excruciating pain on intercourse and enjoyment of it too!  Comments welcome! xx

• Posted

I was on fem 7 for ages and had no issues. Was really happy with them. Then started to get an irritation around the patch area. Had to rip them off after an hour. Now on a pill with more issues. Hope the patch stays ok for you as I was very happy on it. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

what a shame you had to stop the patches..  I will hope mine are ok because so far my energy levels are better and I actually sleep, first time in years!  Perhaps another brand of patch may be better for you?  I would ask the GP.  All the best xxwindow.post_1488789899637_22 = function(win,msg){

win.postMessage(msg,"*"wink;

}

• Posted

Yes that's true for me too I'm on entree patches now they made them smaller so doesn't leave such a big mark on you

• Posted

Thank you very helpful. Will go back to my GP and ask for the entree patch. I still have night flushes on the Angeliq pill and lots of bowel problems that I'm sure are related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.