Painful forehead

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has experienced a tender pain (like a bruise) on one side of the face top of forehead and just past the hairline. Even touching my hair in this area is tender.I know a lot a people with Fibro have headaches and I do get these but rarely. Hope someone can give me some advise you are always so brilliant.Big hugs    xxxx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had a pain that sounds similar to that a few times. On the hairline / brow that feels like it's coming from my skull / skin or somewhere in-between, and feels nothing like a headache. Never had a pain like it before I started getting fibro pains.

• Posted

Yes,it is very painful and annoying.I get a headache on the top left side of

my head from time to time.It is like an ice pick being jabbed in to my head

every few seconds.Ouch!! It seems be affected by the cold weather.I use

a warm heating pad swaddled on top of my head and put myself in a dark

quiet room.I know how it hurts to just lightly brush the skin.I was told by an ER

Dr that it was occipital neuralgia.You might want to research that or trigeminal

neuralgia.I'm sorry your in pain.If you ever have any fears though then see

your Dr.I literally thought I was checking out the first time it happened.Hope

everything settles down for you.

• Posted

Hi Sue

Yep I do, GP says it's nerve pain. I also get it on different parts of body. It feels like really bad sunburn.

Are you on any nerve pain meds?

I find 100mg at night of amitriptyline takes the edge off

Hugs & xxx

• Posted

Hi Mandy, thank you for your reply, I do take a low dose of amitriptyline every night it's the only thing that helps me get to sleep.  It is just weird the area feels so tender and just like a bruise. I have got a an appointment at the hospital Monday so I will mention it to them.

Also thank you to everyone else who replied to me you are all brilliant. Gentle hugs to you all   xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Sue. I get that sensitivity on the top of my head. Sore to the touch. It's not constant but I get it every so often. If I touch it it will cause a headache. Don't know why it happens. Just another weird fibro symptom.

• Posted

Hi kiki, that's exactly how it feels sore when it is touched and even brushing my hair around that hairline area is sore to. We certainly do get some weird symptoms.  The other one with me at the moment is itchy prickly skin like little needles going into it.  Driving me mad. Thank you so much for your reply it's good to know others get the same symptoms.  x

• Posted

Hi Sue, yes I get that from time to time. Very tender to touch. I'd never thought to connect it to Fibro though. Just thought it was a weird thing I got!

• Posted

Hi all,

Does anybody suffer from hair falling out? I had a big clump of hair fall out.it was awful, it was right at the front aswell. 😣 Does anybody just get bruises for no apparent reason?

Hugs and x's

• Posted

Yes, I was losing clumps in the beginning. Not as bad now. But again one of our weird symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi! I have exactly this. I also get a headache behind my left eye. only on the left side. And it feels like a bruise or like i bumped my head right on hairline. Did you ever find out what it was?

• Posted

Omg. l have had that years and no clinicians have suggested fibro is the cause. l am permanently unwell and seriously depressed with aches and pains making me feel unstable.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.