What's recovery time after hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iam due to have a very awkward hysterectomy on the 6th /April cut from side to side and vertical as really messed up in side will I be fit and ready to be going on holiday 1st two weeks of July has any of you ladies had the same thing or similar x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am 9 weeks post op from a total abdominal hysterectomy with a single horizontal cut. Still need a siesta most days but there is now the odd day when I can stay awake the whole time - the main thing that I have found is the tiredness. My brain started to return just recently. I still have a fatter than normal stomach and have given in and bought bigger jeans as I could not wear tracksuit bottoms forever. (at least one size bigger knickers than normal, full briefs style, are a definite must for after the op. I also bought a couple of pairs of support pants from the hysterectomy association which I wore and washed and wore and washed for first couple of weeks). I am in my sixties you may be younger and quicker to recover. It depends on type of holiday, whether you are discharged from hospital and 'insured' to do whatever it is e.g.fly, go abroad etc. I was in a car for a couple of hours last week ( back in tracksuit trousers) and was ok. 

• Posted

I had a larger than normal horizontal cut (hip to hip) four weeks ago. My incision has healed and I feel close to normal. Our bodies are remarkable! I have some lingering left side pain, but all in all, I think you should be okay for your trip.
    • Posted

Thank you quejo I know I will have to have a wirle off work due to lifting bending etc. Did you have to wait long for ur op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.